Beginning in Luang Prabang, your 3 day adventure begins. Board your cruise and make your way up the Mekong River. Watch the wonders of this unchanged place go by and stop to visit Tam Ting “Caves of a thousand Buddha’s”. You will stay in the tented Kamu Lodge on the banks of the river. Try your hand at rice planting and harvesting in surrounding rice fields or take a trek through the jungle to see waterfalls and visit local villages. Enjoy a delicious buffet while cruising to Pakbeng and see the processing of traditional rice alcohol. Enjoy a magnificent night at Luang Say Lodge with its traditional Laos designed accommodation. Enjoy a magnificent dinner on the banks of the Mekong River while watching the sun set.
Day 1. LUANG PRABANG – KAMU LODGE
The Kamu boat departs from Luang Prabang pier at 09:00 hrs for a cruise up the Mekong River to Kamu Village. On the way to Pak Ou Village, at the mouth of the Nam Ou River a visit is organized to Tam Ting “Caves of a thousand Buddha’s”. Then boat to Kamu Village, arrival at Kamu lodge and check-in. Lunch at the Lodge’s Sala. In the afternoon you may choose to participate in the different activities. You will be rewarded with a very original Lao experience.
- Rice planting and harvesting in surrounding rice fields
- Gold panning (January to June) in the Mekong. Anything you find is yours!
- Jungle walks to search for medicinal plants
- Trekking through the forest to waterfalls (two hour hike and boat ride)
- Traditional fishing techniques. You can sample your catch for dinner!
- Local village visit
- Archery contest
Day 2. KAMU LODGE- PAKBENG
Breakfast at lodge, after some time to relax and a visit to the village of Kamu, the Luangsay cruise pick-up you at 11h00. A delicious Buffet lunch is served on board and a brief stop is made at Ban Baw to observe the processing traditional rice alcohol. The boat will arrived at LuangSay Lodge before sunset for overnight stop. Dinner is served at terrace overlooking the Mekong River..
Day 3. PAKBENG – HOUEISAY
Breakfast served at terrace around 6.30 a.m. In the morning visit the morning market (Optional) of Pak Beng where the nearby villagers and hill tribes buy and exchange their goods. Boat departs at 07:30 a.m. for her second part of trip. One stop is made to visit and admire the authentic rural life of hill tribe settlements. Lunch is again served on board. Reaching Houeisay before 17:00 hrs (you may proceed to Chiang Rai in the same day.). End of services. Finish your LuangSay Cruise & Kamu Lodge Up
Please Contact us for the best price!
- The above tour prices do not apply to the French Market, excepted E – Commerce.
- Minimum 2 persons traveling together for join tour.
- For safety reasons and according to weather conditions, the program may be amended without prior notice.
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing room with parents. Infant (less than 2 years old) = free of charge.
- Group concession: 1 FOC half twin for 15 paying persons
- The above tour prices exclude current VAT.
- 3 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 1 nights accommodation at Luangsay Lodge with breakfast and dinner(s)
- 1 nights accommodation at Kamu Lodge with breakfast and dinner(s)
- Assistance of an English speaking cruise escort during the cruise (no guide on board)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Coffee, tea & drinking water on board and during meals.
- Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Group insurance
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses