Often referred to as “Inland Ha Long Bay”, the area of Tam Coc and Hoa Lu is characterized by the limestone geology that gives rise to the towering karst formations that make this picturesque area so unique. Let’s embark on a small rowboat tour to explore the less travelled corners of the area, with some scenic cycling also on the menu.
7:30 AM – Pick up from your hotel, we drive South to Ninh Binh’s region (110km/2.5 hours driving).
Upon your arrival in Tam Coc, you’ll hop on bicycles for an easy-paced ride through scenic rural landscapes to the boat pier. We then embark on traditional rowing sampan for about one hour on a less traveled canal of the region. It goes through caves and along the border with the natural site of Trang An.
Make your way back with a stop at Bich Dong pagoda en-route. The site offers a nice climb up to the top building for a breathtaking view of Tam Coc area. The cycling route ends at a local house and enjoy a late home-cooked lunch.
About 14:00, we depart from Tam Coc to Hoa Lu for a visit to the ancient temples and learn more about that piece of Vietnam’s History before heading back to Hanoi. Trip ends at your hotel around 17:30.
* Note: If you are on a private tour and prefer not to cycle, please mention it to our travel consultants and the cycling can be replaced by an ox-cart ride on a small loop around the region.
Private tour price:
|Group size (person)||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 upper|
Joined Group tour price: 45 usd / person. Daily departure.
- Meals as specified in the program
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver
- Rowing sampan ride
- Bicycle and safety gear
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- VAT and other taxes
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Camera fees (if any)
- Surcharge for peak season (Christmas and New Year)