This trip is almost a must-do for anyone willing to travel overland from Hue to Hoi An or vice-versa. The classic option of taking the national road 1 and doing the journey in 4 hours with a stop at the Marble Mountain is obsolete. Let’s be serious about tourism again. We propose you here to engage on a beautiful countryside road tucked between coastal lagoons and the sea. We reach the top of Bach Ma national park, enjoy a nice trekking there and hop on the car again to drive over Lang Co bay and the Hai Van pass. You will be arrived in the late afternoon with the feeling of having traveled and not just commuted.
( Meal: lunch is included)
8:00 – You are picked up at your hotel and we hit the road. Let’s the journey start. We travel either from Hue to Hoi An or vice versa. The day is divided in three parts, each of them will immerse you in a different travel atmosphere and they will together bring this day to become a memorable travel experience.
The first part is the road between Hue and Bach Ma. A very nice countryside lane built on a strip of land between the sea and coastal lagoons among the largest in the country. Pine tree forests, sandy dunes, fishing systems, herds of cows, kids on bicycles… this is a dive into typical Vietnamese countryside. It is rural and charming.
The middle part is your exploration of Bach Ma National Park. At the entry of the park we hop on the rangers’ vehicle and they drive us 19km father to starting point. Breathtaking sceneries while we are driving up, opportunities to stop either now or later, on the way down. Get off from the van, we take our first step to a single trail to Rhododendron waterfall and continue on the Five Lakes Cascade trail through the evergreen forest (6km in total). Enjoy your picnic lunch by one of its crystal-clear pools (weather permits).
The last part is the drive between Bach Ma and Hoi An, you’ll cross Lang Co bay and then up the Hai Van pass. We will indulge some stops to take pictures and enjoy the views. Trip ends at your address in Hoi An around 17:00.
- The trekking in Bach Ma National park is at moderate level, which is suitable for most hillwalkers and generally involving some trekking at moderate altitude, on fairly difficult terrain. Please keep in mind that we are on a private journey so feel free to tell your guide about your preferences
- Trip can be conducted from Hoi An to Hue with same time table
PRICE PER PERSON IN US DOLLARS
|Solo trip||Group of 2 – 4||Group of 5 upward|
|USD 175||USD 98||USD 85|
** Discounted rates are available for larger groups; please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals as specified in the program
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- VAT and other taxes
- Hotel in Hue
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses
- Camera fees (if any)
- Surcharge in peak season (Christmas & New Year)